Healthy Chicken Chili for Two
Traditional Chili gets a healthy twist with lean chicken and the lack of acidic base for better pH balance. Skip the beans for a Candida friendly recipe, avoiding the starch without sacrificing flavor!
- 3 oz. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 can of white beans, drained
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. fresh oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the garlic, onion, bell pepper, and 1/2 cup of broth in a pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add remaining broth, chicken and all other ingredients.
- Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 30 minutes